CoolFlex T-1 Coating is a Urethane Enhanced Styrene Acrylic Reflective Roof Coating
CoolFlex T-1 Roof Coat has been formulated with the most advanced coating polymer on the market today to produce an exceptional product for use on a wide variety of substrates. Its ability to resist ponded water penetration and subsequent degradation of the surface gives CoolFlex T-1 unequaled performance among fluid applied systems. CoolFlex T-1 has the
added benefit of tenacious adhesion, even to existing coated roofs, and has proven superior in re-roofing applications worldwide.
What are the benefits of using CoolFlex T-1 reflective roof coating?
• Reduces the temperature inside the building it covers by 8-10 degrees
• Reduces the roof surface temperature by 20-60 degrees
• Increases the effective ”R” value of insulation
• Saves on the cost of air conditioning
• Results in lower energy costs overall to your building by reducing your “peak electrical demand” level
• Creates a more comfortable environment in areas where there is no air conditioning
• Slows premature aging of a roof due to high surface temperatures and UV degradation
A CoolFlex T1 Roof is environmentally friendly (“Green”) because it:
• Reduces Landfill materials (At least 10% of landfill waste is made up of roofing materials)
• Saves energy, both for the building owner and for the utility supplier
• Reduces the carbon footprint of the building by reducing the CO2 emissions
Is the cost of applying a CoolFlex T-1 roof coating a good investment?
Yes, applying a reflective coating is an excellent investment. If the installation costs for a reflective roof coating are slightly higher in certain situations, the long-term benefits can pay back exponentially by providing:
• Longer roof life, better durability - coatings protect the roof substrate from destructive UV exposure
• Reduced maintenance costs over the life of the roof; and coatings can provide the added bonus of being a water-resistant barrier
• Better budget management due to predictable life extension of the roof--the opportunity to re-coat the roof rather than replace it
• Reduced installation risks
• Minimal disruption to the occupants, operations during application, construction process, saving money in areas other than the roofing materials and application itself
• A more desirable and comfortable work environment inside the building